The Wests Are Returning East!
The day has come! We hit the road today at 10:59am (our goal was 11 😄), and we are en route back to our beloved family and friends in Michigan!
Our hearts are filled with gratitude for so many things:
- Our landlords, who became friends, and who blessed us with an incredible housing situation
- Mariah’s miraculous and ongoing recovery through DNRS!!
- The beauty of California’s central coastline
- A place to stay for a while after we get back to Michigan
- Our wonderful car to drive us and roads that connect where we are to where we’re going
- Apple Music
- Mariah is eating sandwiches!
There are a number of other things we are grateful for today, which require photographs. One is the remarkable contrast between June 22, 2016 (today) and November 19, 2015 (the day we left Michigan). The following two photographs illustrate the difference admirably:
Another thing we celebrate wth gratitude is the gradual improvement of my back.
Over three years ago I developed back pain which evolved into severe pain 1.5 years ago – degenerative disk disease (aka arthritis). I haven’t played basketball in 18 months. It’s been brutal. I’ve been working on it with DNRS and it is improving! For example, I loaded our belongings into a semi trailer yesterday and lifted boxes (leaning over and stretching out my arms) without pain. It was a blessed moment!
We rented 5 feet of this semi to load our sauna and freezer and tables and other odds and ends into. It looked kind of funny almost empty after we filled it…
When we left Michigan in November, Mariah couldn’t drive by herself or much further than a short errand with me in the car. She drove the first couple hours of our trip today!
We both watched the sun rise from our favorite spots this morning as a way of saying goodbye to Morro Bay. We will miss its beauty, but can’t wait to be swept up into the wonder of West Michigan’s beauty and summer abundance!
Here are some items you can hold in your hearts for us in prayer:
- Safety and great hotels as we travel across the country for the next 5 days.
- A lovely home (for rent or purchase) in Holland (if you have contacts or ideas, email, text, or FB message one of us!)
- For Mariah’s healing to continue until it is complete!
We’ll leave you with images that embody what our hearts feel as we head home:
Travis and Mariah
“Gladness and joy will OVERTAKE them. Sorrow and sighing will flee away!” -Isaiah 55:11